Tuesday 17 June 2014

I Like Reading the Daily Mail, See ...

I like reading the Daily Mail, see
It tells me how things in the world are and how things in the world should be
There’s people out there who don’t like it
They find it offensive ‘cause they don’t agree
But the things they like, the things they say and read, perhaps they might be offensive to me
That’s why I like reading the Daily Mail, see?

It tells me that these immigrants are over here stealing all of our jobs
It tells me the Lithuanians and Bulgarians, the Albanians too, are always on the rob
And then it goes and tells me that all us British blokes are just workshy slobs
And at the same time, all of our politicians are just toffee-nosed snobs
I suppose some people might call it journalistic hypocrisy
But I think it’s just like those journalists are talking to guys like me
And I still like reading the Daily Mail, see?

It could be because of the Union Jack and my British nationality
Or maybe it’s ‘cause I love our dear old Royal Family
I mean, they may be rich and privileged, but they’re British, just like you and me
They have their Sunday roasts and they’re always drinking cups of tea
The Daily Mail says it, so that’s the way it must be

And then sometimes I wonder why I like reading the Daily Mail, see.

No comments:

Post a Comment