Saturday 18 October 2014

Maggie's Children is out and I'm sober.

You can now buy Maggie's Children in either Kindle format or as a paperback.

A link to the Kindle version which is available at Amazon.

This book wasn't as tough to write as Besotted, but it was still a drain.  Right now, I'm working on nach Schema F, the sequel to die Stunde X.  This is an alternative history novel, and is completely different to the transgressive stuff I've been writing for the last few years.  I like to think of it as a bit of a yarn, a romp, something you can read, be entertained by, and then toss to one side and forget.  It's no secret that die Stunde X is my bestseller, and I suppose it's only natural that I should write a sequel, though it has been 20 years since I wrote DSX.  Call it a shrewd marketing move, but I like to think that I'm writing a book that some people have been asking for.  From a writer's perspective, it's also a fun book to write.  I reckon I'll have the first draft finished by the end of October, and it should definitely be out in time for Christmas.

I'm also going sober for October, for Macmillan Cancer Support.  Last year I raised almost £200, but this year it's slow-going.  I'm guessing that a lot of people are doing charitable things, and everyone's fed up with it.  But if you could see your way to donating something, I'd be grateful.

You can go here to make a donation - https://www.gosober.org.uk/profile/shaunmartin.

No comments:

Post a Comment